Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Constable Issues Tickets to Adopt-a-Block


TEARS OF JOY welled up in my eyes as Constable Krista Wallis of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police handed me Positive Tickets, enough for all the Adopt-a-Block volunteers.

“I saw your story in the local paper and thought that the adopt a block volunteers needed to be recognized,” she said.

Krista met with my husband and I, to exchange ideas about the power of providing a service with no thought of receiving a reward and how satisfying it feels acting on simple intrinsic values. I could tell by the look in her eyes and her positive energy that she is a woman of steadfast strength.

We exchanged philosophies on how a clean city presents a fresh reflection of its citizens. We both wondered aloud how it is that some people choose to drop trash on the sidewalks and boulevards of our fine city and how others will pack large household items into a vehicle and toss them absently along trails on the city perimeter. None of us knew how to interpret that mindset.

Adopt-a-Block is blessed to have such a dynamic lady on our side.

Krista provides Positive Tickets


No comments:

Post a Comment