Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Twins Park


HI, MY NAME IS DOUG and I pick up trash on the sidewalks and boulevards along Robron Road, north on South Alder Street up to Merecroft Road and back again, south the length of the opposite side of the street to my home.

On the corner of South Alder and South Murphy Street is a small plot of land that I’ve adopted and named Twins Park, after the two trees that stand in it. I could see that the area needed some tending to, so I contacted the City of Campbell River to suggest that I would clean it up regularly if they would come and pick up the refuge. They responded with a yes. I cut the grass and raked it, along with the weeds and leaves, into piles and the City workers took it all away.

I have so much fun doing my pick! Come summer, I hope to plant something in Twins Park. My hope is to outdo the City planting. Watch for my progress come summer and if you like what you see let the Adopt-a-Block volunteers know.

Pickers Up! Doug

Twins Park
One of Doug's Routes






No comments:

Post a Comment