Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Near, Yet Too Far?


HI MY NAME IS ROBIN, 

Have a look at the photo below; two garbage cans so near yet so far, for some, from the litter. My Adopt-a-Block route is unlike most of the other volunteers. I don't have to lug trash long distances to get to a receptacle; in fact there are two more cans within 15 metres of those shown. So it just seemed right to pick this kind of thing up myself on my twice-a-day dog walks.

My dogs have changed but unfortunately the litter has not. When I met Susan and became an 'official' volunteer I didn't expect anything to change, but something did. I did.

Having those cans nearby used to irritate me. Thinking "How can people be so unthinking and lazy?" as I stuffed their garbage where it belonged.  That has faded away and calm has been restored. Removing litter is just another part of our walk, like throwing the ball for Ruby.

Near, Yet So Far?
Walking with Ruby







No comments:

Post a Comment