Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Jan J's Inventions

Jan J is one of our Adopt-a-Block volunteers. She is so determined and devoted to picking up and disposing of trash left behind by others on the sidewalks and boulevards of Campbell River, she’s invented two practical gadgets to get her work done.

“My picker bag and rake work faster than my regular trash tongs. I do my route in a shorter time. It’s also good for picking up dog poop.”

Jan's Picker Bag and Rake

Some of the volunteers are quite selective about what they will and won’t pick up. Dog poop is off the list for some, while others exclude cigarette butts and dog droppings.

“I also have an exclusive poop picker-upper. After I pick up a dog’s leftovers, I rub my picker-upper in wet grass, spritz a shot of water on it and off I go.”

Jan's Poop Picker-Upper

Have a good pick! 


No comments:

Post a Comment