Monday, February 18, 2013

New Enthusiastic Volunteer


Welcome Lois H., as another of our enthusiastic Adopt-a-Block volunteers.

Lois has graciously taken on both sides of the Island Highway from the corner of Simms Road to the corner of Erickson Road plus the parks and lots between. She and I met the other day and exchanged stories of what it is like to remove the trash left behind by others from the sidewalks, boulevards and seemingly abandoned properties.

“The garbage tongs will help me pick up those things that I was fearful of retrieving with my bare hands,” she said. “So, where do I dump the garbage?”

“Let me walk your route with you and we’ll determine the best place to leave the rubbish we collect,” I said.

We agreed that providing this service to our community is our way of making the City we care for look great. We also agreed that the City needs more concrete garbage containers – a topic to bring up with the City of Campbell River Parks and Recreation Department.

Lois H. Route



No comments:

Post a Comment